[Xastir] Problem with xastir 1.9.8

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Tue Sep 21 06:07:34 EDT 2010

On 09/20/2010 08:07 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Larry Shields wrote:
>
>> *I seem to be having a problem with xastir version 1.9.8, when it is
>> running, I have noticed that in the terminal when I have selected
>> from the maps what I want to use it says this:
>>
>> magic: Improper image header
>> /home/larry/.xastir/map-cache/map_1284980743.gif
>> 1 file could not be read
>>
>> Does anyone know what the problem maybe...???
>
> The internet server that you got that particular tile from sent you
> an error message in the image most likely.  You can look at that GIF
> file to see, then delete it from the cache.
>
> What internet server were you using to get it?  If 1.9.8, probably
> Tigermap and it's old?  Tigermap server is now no more.  You'll need
> a later 1.9.9 to use Open Street Map servers.

*Hello Curt,

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, but I've been really busy
here...
Yes I had tried using an aprs2 server, but which one I do not remember...
I now have version 1.9.9 up and running, using first.aprs.net &
rotate.aprs.net...

As for the cache, where might that be located...???

Thanks Larry

*