[Xastir] Maps Offline?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 17:39:23 EDT 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Kurt Savegnago wrote:

>  Yeah, I meant the 2006 Tiger maps that were made available.
> I unzipped them to the ~/maps/GPS directory.

Tiger 2009 too new for you?  We have dbfawk files in Xastir-1.99
for the 2009 Tiger/Line files.

   http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tgrshp2009/tgrshp2009.html

Note also that you can create directories under the
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/ directory at will...  You just need to
make them readable by a normal user.  Same for the map files
themselves.