[Xastir] Maps Offline?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 08:33:26 EDT 2010

Or in Gnome/Nautilus, use File>Connect to Sever, make sure FTP is
selected as the type, and paste in
ftp2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TIGER2009/.  In KDE, just paste
ftp://ftp2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TIGER2009/ into the address field of
the Konqueror browser.  It can probably be done similarly with Dolphin
as well.  It just becomes a drag and drop action once connected with
the above file managers.   I'm sure copying the state folders with
their contents can be done at the command line using wget as well, but
I don't remember the syntax off the top of my head.

Lee - K5DAT