[Xastir] Maps Offline?

Guy Story KC5GOI kc5goi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 08:52:00 EDT 2010

I found on two of my systems that the Cloud files from the OSM data open all
of Texas in about the same amount of time it takes to open a couple of the
2009 Tiger maps.  Since the Cloud files look about the same as the Tiger
files, I have started to use Cloud over Tiger.  I am not deleting the Tiger
files, just not choosing them most of the time for my offline viewing.

Just in case some one asks about the comparison, that is all levels of the
2009 Tiger maps enabled for a county, not just a select few.