[Xastir] USB to Serial issue

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Thu Apr 7 11:37:56 EDT 2011

I have on my laptop (HP dv-7) a copy of Ubuntu 10.10 with latest xastir
from cvs,  When I insert my USB-serial dongle, and add a KISS serial tnc
(OT+ @ 9600) and then Start the interface, the Interface hangs.  I have
to pull the dongle to release the hang.

When I use a serial terminal, like GtkTerm, it works fine.  I see the
KISS "stuff" come across.  When I shutdown the serial terminal and start
xastir and the Interface, I still get a hang.  The user is a group
member of DIALOUT.

I have a similar setup on my stationary HP TC-1100 (KG5LT-5),  The user
in this case is not a group member of DIALOUT.  It just works!

Do I have to remove the DIALOUT group membership on my laptop?

Any suggestions where to look for the problem?

73 - Dale.  KG5LT