[Xastir] Fwd: help

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:49:12 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Steve Rogers <kd5mkv at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I did indeed read the manual and edit the file but came to an impasse, I was refering to Tom's point about being careful flooding the airwaves and frying my radio. Thanks for the suggestion, I have read lsped website and will do some experiments while I learn more about linux. Besides I also feel Xastir is hard to beat as an APRS program! thx Steve kd5mkv

Based on the recent discussion, it sounds like you will be fine
sticking wth Xastir as your IGate.  You mentioned experiencing
"var/lock" issues when trying to use javAPRSSrver and AX25 networking.
 Whatever that issue was, it sounds like it would happen with aprx or
any application that was attempting to share via AX25.  It almost
sounds like AX25 wasn't active and two apps were fighting over the
serial port.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT