[Xastir] Config file for TM-D710A config script?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:08:22 EDT 2011

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:

> Okay!  So EVERYTHING "speaks" KISS on some level... including things like
> PSK-31, Olivia and RTTY?

You already got a response stating "no", but I'll agree:  No.  ;-)

> Eventually I'd like to be able to run all digital modes on both rigs.  One
> thing at a time, though :)

You might want to check out the Tigertronics USB SignaLink.  I have one here hooked to an HF rig and it's a lot of fun.  Gives you control over the PTT VOX circuit timing as well as the volume levels on the box, and easily moves from radio to radio or computer to computer.  Mine happened to trigger a hardware bug in my NVidia 8200 chipset on my motherboard, but as long as you don't have that, you're probably ok (I fixed it by plugging it into a USB 2.0 smart hub, then plugging that into the computer).

Anyway, might be a better option than a homebuilt interface for running Soundmodem and others.  Check out Fldigi for a really good multi-mode program.

Another tip regarding the SignaLink:  Don't wire the internal jumpers per the documentation.  Instead jumper the internal socket straight across and build the radio-specific components (resistors/capacitors/diodes) into the radio-specific cable.  This allows swapping radios more easily:  You won't have to open up the SignaLink and change jumpers, just change the external cable & plug it into the correct radio and you're up and running.  It did take a bit of research to figure out how they were wiring things for my HF radio because the instructions showed a "diode pack" but not the internals of it.  I figured out what they were trying to do and wired diodes into the cable for my HF rig.  For an HT you often need a resistor and a capacitor:  I'll wire them into a new cable when I want to hook up to a particular HT.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.us, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"