[Xastir] ax25 problems

David A. Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Mon Jul 18 00:50:12 EDT 2011

For my axports, I have:

    sm0 KI6ZHD 1200 255 2 144.390 MHz (1200 bps)

The biggest point I see is the baud rate in your config file is set to
4800 when it should be 1200.  Btw, I *had* to use the mkiss module or
the system load would go to 100%.

If everything loads up seemingly ok, what do you see in /sbin/ifconfig?
You might not be getting the sm0 device name you expect.

If it helps, I have my config files here (
http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/etc/ax25/ ) and also my
master startup script (
http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/usr/local/sbin/packetrig.sh
) that might also help.