[Xastir] igating issues

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Mon Mar 21 13:27:22 EDT 2011

Re: [Xastir] igating issues
From:
"Curt, WE7U" <curt.we7u at gmail.com>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:59:45 -0700 (PDT)

To:
Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir at lists.xastir.org>

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011, Dale Seaburg wrote:

> I have my xastir (latest cvs version) running.  I have a internet
> server setup for texas.aprs2.net port 14580.  I have a filter
> (r/31.43/-99.08/150). I see traffic, but I don't seem to be gating any
> local traffic back to the APRS-IS.  I do not have the Transmit checked
> for now.  I assume that means gating IS traffice back onto RF, correct?

There are specific radioboxes on each RF interface for:

*) Disable all IGate traffic
*) Allow RF to Inet traffic ONLY
*) Allow RF->Inet and Inet->RF traffic

So you can enable/disable for each interface that way.

Then there's a global selection which takes precedence over the
individual interface toggles.  It's at Configure->Defaults.

Make sure you've also put in your callsign and your callpass.  Sounds
like you did already if you have a range filter and you're receiving
packets from the 'net.

--
Curt, WE7U. http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Client Capabilities:

Thanks, Curt.

I did not realize that the RF to Inet radiobox would be under the
serial/tnc interface.  That interface just works, so I don't ever look
at it's properties...  ;-)  Also, I have never looked at the Configure |
Defaults.  I just assumed it set things back to default.  There was no
"->" arrow on the right-hand side of the button, indicating a submenu
for that, and for that matter, some of the other menu items (an
oversight, maybe?).

I have both radioboxes now set to RF -> Inet Only.  So, I now see a few
recent locals going through my iGate.

I've REALLY got to spend more time with that PC (HP TC-1100) and xastir,
now that I've upgraded the Op-Sys (Xubuntu 10.04) and the latest
xastir.  However, I've also got to upgrade my U2000 weather station
logger (non-X-Windows).  I nearly have the logger-to-database portion
working (postgresql).  I have one small glitch in the data that causes
postgresql to barf.

I have been working for the past several years with C# and postgreSQL.
I like both of them.  C# is SO EASY w.r.t. strings!  It makes me want to
cry when I have to beat my head against the bench working with C and
"strings"!  I feel like I'm crawling on my hands-n-knees...  LOL!

Thanks again, Curt.

73 - Dale.  KG5LT