[Xastir] New install

Michael A. Serowik maserowik at verizon.net
Thu Mar 24 18:06:49 EDT 2011

Thanks for the response.   I have been running UI-View for a few years now.
Great program but I am looking at different options since UI-View is stale.

What I am trying to do is to set up Xastir like I had for ui-view not sure
if it is possible or not.

I only want to gate local information like the meters for the Airports
locally here.  WX bulletins.  I was running weather-display and like the
function it has.  I was able to get wx alerts emailed to me and post them
directly on the Weather display webpage.  I would get emailed weather
reports.  Not sure if there is a software that will do some of the same
features.  I was also getting my WX stuff on the internet and RF.

Not sure if this is a option or not.  I think I got Xastir up and running
but really do not know for sure.

My system setup is as follows

Ubuntu 10.10
MFJ1270b
MFJ aprs radio
Davis Vantage wireless pro 2

I had to add serial cards in to the desktop.  Only have 1 serial port needed
others.

Really unsure of what to do or how.

Thanks
Mike