[Xastir] Modifications for new Australian Wx Shapefiles

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 03:39:39 EST 2011

James,

You may want to look at

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/business/index_e.html

from Environment Canada.  It appears the data you need is being supplied as an RSS (XML) feed which is the same as the NOAA-NWS service to the general population.  NOAA-NWS does provide a faster feed to certain paying customers but the RSS is pretty fast as is and you will likely get equal service from EC's RSS feed.

If you've already looked at this or it doesn't work then don't mind me. :)

-Alex