[Xastir] corrupt packets

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 11:02:33 EDT 2011

The last couple of days I have been reading about corrupt packets getting transmitted over the air.  This sounds similar to what I had mentioned a month ago.  There was no obvious solution then.  I use a KPC3 and Xastir 2.0.0.  I could find no solution until I set permissions on the objects.log and objects-temp.log file to 555.  So, there is some over the air feedback mechanism causing bad packets to be heard over the air and then get fed back into Xastir and then overwrite the default settings. Wouldn't a simple solution be to not have that feedback algorithm?

Mike, AA9VI