[Xastir] Xastir + One Wire Weather (OWW)

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:43:39 EDT 2011

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011, Phil - w2lie wrote:

> Xastir isn't
> seeing ANY of the rain totals
> my Hydrometer reads 0.0 in Xastir, but
> proper on OWW
> The humidity value in OWW is reading 96% while Xastir
> shows 29%
> Dew Points, High Winds, Wind Chill, Heat Index, high and low
> temps are all blank values.
> And obviously, the 3-hr baro is blank since
> I've just modified my arne.c file :)

I may have been the last to touch that section of code.  I have a Dallas One-Wire setup but it's not mounted outside.  I have it for testing.  Chances of me setting that up anytime soon and testing everything again are slim:  I just don't have the time to do that right now (too many projects/too little time).

I seem to remember that having some blank entries was the norm.  The values which show up in the OWW display should match or nearly match what Xastir displays though.  I don't have a rain gauge for my one-wire setup so can't test that.  I have some for my LaCrosse stations, but those wouldn't work for this.

Not sure how much I can help at the moment, other than point you to relevant sections of code if you want to investigate yourself.  I remember they changed OWW at one point and broke it for our use, but it sounds like you got past that point.

> BTW, I'm still running 1.9.8 over here, but I don't think that would
> make a difference for the Wx Server, right?....

That was released Feb 10, 2010, which was a while back, but I'm not sure much development happened in the weather code since that point, so the version might be ok.  The only way to know for sure would be to look through the CVS check-in messages for WX, OWW, or One-Wire references.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Usage Pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/usage.html