[Xastir] Soundmodem?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:47:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Joe Bennett wrote:

> Took your advise Curt, I've been looking at the SignalLink for a while now
> and it makes sense for what I want to do... I like to build things myself,
> but I'm interested in having a VHF/UHF/HF 'go' box(es) and the SignaLink is
> just a clean way of minimizing cables and getting me where I want to go...

Rgr.  Even cleaner if you just wire straight across on the internal header and then build the radio-specific wiring and components into each radio cable.  Then you don't have to open up the SignaLink to change radios...  Just change cables.  I have extra open-ended cables and wired them up myself.  The factory wiring for each radio doesn't allow you to do the instant-change thing like I do:  They expect you to also open up the box and change jumpers each time.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_device_capabilities.html