[Xastir] No DBFAWK signature for ...

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 6 12:20:16 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 12:14:25PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <huston at srhuston.net> flavor, containing:
> On 9/6/11 11:50 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> >> No DBFAWK signature for z_04au11.shp!  Using default.
> >> No DBFAWK signature for mz07jl11.shp!  Using default.
> > Weather alerts weren't going out for a few days last week, so that might
> > have coincided with what you saw.
>
> Hm.. well, I've been running these files since the beginning of August,
> and was seeing weather alerts and such before, but these errors (tons of
> them, but all those two files) were new.  I also occasionally see "Error
> in computing fill/hole ring" but that's usually one line every so often,
> this series tends to delay startup considerably.

Yes, you'd only see the error messages when Xastir tried to *use* the zone
files, which it'd only do if it had weather alerts to display that
required the zone or mz files.  You might never have seen the messages because
there might not have been any wx alerts that needed them.

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey