[Xastir] No DBFAWK signature for ...

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:26:22 EDT 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Steve Huston wrote:

> Hm.. well, I've been running these files since the beginning of August,
> and was seeing weather alerts and such before, but these errors (tons of
> them, but all those two files) were new.  I also occasionally see "Error
> in computing fill/hole ring" but that's usually one line every so often,
> this series tends to delay startup considerably.

Turn off logging of weather alerts and your startup should be faster.  You might need to also delete the weather logging files in ~/.xastir/logs

>> *) You might not be running the latest Xastir, therefore don't have
>> dbfawk files that match the current NWS files.
>
>> stupidsmack< Yeah, that would have been good to include.  I'm running
> 2.0.0.  Strangely, I compiled it on August 2nd, but the Help->About says
> October 25th; looks like compiledate.c didn't get updated when I build it.

I think that means you didn't run ./bootstrap.sh successfully before compiling, if you're running the Xastir-CVS.

I'll try to take a run through the latest NWS files to assure the get-NWSdata script and the signatures in our dbfawk files match, unless Tom or someone else beat me to it.  Kind'a busy this week with the kids' start of school but I should be able to squeeze a 1/2 hour in somewhere for this.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer