[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:32:08 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:

> 	BTW:  What is the purpose of the "init KISS mode at startup"
> at the bottom of the Interface Control window?  I had hoped it would
> eliminate the extra step of Minicom to set "USBKISS on"

That works for a certain version of european TNC (a TNC7?) only.  Sorry.

I'm running a KISS-only TNC so I don't have to worry about setting up the TNC, but used to run AEA PK-88's and just left them in KISS mode all the time anyway.

I am running AX.25 kernel mode though so must run a script for that before starting Xastir.  Luckily I don't have to reboot my machine at home often so it's not a big deal.

I also gave up USB->Serial adapter cables.  Went to PCI serial cards with DE-9 connectors to avoid USB problems and interface name changes.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_device_capabilities.html