[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Mon Aug 20 17:56:32 EDT 2012

Curt,

> There's no reason you can't create a script to do that yourself, which
> then runs Xastir:

You presume generously upon my scripting skills ... I know the
following needs correction but is the essence:

#!/bin/bash
#
# I believe the following sets the port parameters for Minicom.
# And it also tells the gui to echo keyboard strokes?
# What of this would be necessary in a non-gui script?

echo -ne '\xC0\xFF\xC0' > /dev/ttyACM0

# Opens Minicom in gui mode with port comm settings.

minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0 -b 115200 -o

# In manual gui mode one has to hit "Enter" to get to
# the "cmd:" prompt - would that be necessary in command
# line mode? If so, how would that be accomplished?

"USBKISS on"

# to exit Minicom

CTRL-A X

# to open Xastir