[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:20:16 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:

> #!/bin/bash
> #
> # I believe the following sets the port parameters for Minicom.
> # And it also tells the gui to echo keyboard strokes?
> # What of this would be necessary in a non-gui script?
>
> echo -ne '\xC0\xFF\xC0' > /dev/ttyACM0

Unless you're needing to send commands to the TNC like "USBKISS on" below, you don't need to set up ANY serial port parameters.  Xastir will do that when it starts up.  If the TNC can be left in KISS mode all the time, you're golden.

> # In manual gui mode one has to hit "Enter" to get to
> # the "cmd:" prompt - would that be necessary in command
> # line mode? If so, how would that be accomplished?

If you're sending "echo" commands you'll get the line end in there automatically.  See "man echo".  If you add a "-n" option to it then you don't send the newline.  In normal operation it will send it automatically.

Basically you need no script unless you need to go in and out of KISS mode all the time, or do some special setup like I do for AX.25.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Usage Pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/usage.html