[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Aug 20 21:27:14 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:

> Tom,
>
> 	I am really hoping there is a more-simple solution than
> to have to wrestle with yet more variables (WINE or a MS version
> of windows).  Sigh.
>
> 	I have asked Scott at ArgentData about the Rx sensitivity
> setting and will ask about TX level as well.

   Don't overlook the possibility of a simpler problem.  Check the cable
between the TNC and the rig.  Is the Tx audio line correctly wired?
   Make up a cable from the Tx Audio out on the TNC to a standard RCA phono
connector, and plug it into an 'aux in' on your home stereo, or the
'audio in' of a spare self-powered computer speaker.  Do you get
obnoxious, but appropriate, audio squawks from your speakers?

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009