[Xastir] Almost there - but no TX

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Aug 20 23:38:46 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:

> Rick,
>
> 	I have triple-checked the rig to TNC (OT3m) cable.
>
> 	There is no audio out connector on the OT3m, only DB9
> and USB.
   ...and the DB9 connector has a pin designated 'TX Audio out', right?
   Have you an oscilloscope?  Or an audio signal tracer? Can you somehow
sample the signal at this pin?  You're saying you're getting no transmit
audio, just carrier.  I highly doubt that the TNC output can be turned
down to absolute zero, so I would expect to see at least a little audio
signal there.
   If there is truly no detectable signal coming from the TNC, then you
probably have a hardware issue.  If the signal is there, but weak, then
you still may have a hardware problem, but you won't know for sure until
you manage to run the configuration program and see how much additional
headroom you have in the TNC to work with.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009