[Xastir] Won't transmit anymore

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:17:15 EST 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Dean Groe wrote:

> Those converters are nice to have and come in real handy for temporary use.  I use them all the time, just not in a 24x7 mode.
>
> I do not have Linux here in front of me now, but I know that in the past when I have had the FTDI USB -> Serial adapters "loose track" of the ports, I have had to bounce the USB to Serial modules as well as the FTDI modules to bring it back online.  Simply bouncing the FTDI modules was not enough.

Ah yes, I didn't key off the USB converter lingo...

I used to have trouble with a USB->Serial converter on my Linux box used as a 24/7 igate.  I've since gone to hard-wired dual-port serial pcards (with DE-9 connectors) and haven't had a bit of trouble.  That's not a solution for those with recent laptops, or desktops that are full-up on cards.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/