[Xastir] OSM Cycle Maps are working again

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:46:28 EDT 2012

Hi Lee,

Well at least a 32 bit is available for 12.04 now.  I tried your file
Lee.  Software Center complained and then some about the file being a 32
bit file.

I'll grind out the upgrade to 12.04(amd64) and work on the learning
curve to build a deb file.  With only a 1Mb/s connection an upgrade
should take about 3 days.  Even a i7 processor and can not make a
connection go any faster than the ISP says you can go.  Then there is
the 4 Gb ram limitation as well.

Unless Kamal KA6MAL wants to fill some spare cycles and make a
12.04-amd64 version of Xastir.deb.

Yes the pile of wants / likes is huge and the place to put money is a
bottomless pit that may actually be a black hole.

73
Dave
KB3EFS
Officially a General per the FCC!