[Xastir] Wx alerts update

Apostolos Kefalas sv1ljj at raag.org
Thu Jun 21 16:16:06 EDT 2012

Στις Thursday 21 of June 2012, ο/η Arnaud έγραψε:
> Hello,

Hello Arnaud,

> can you give me the server adress to connect and observe your packet.

I could give you the address but you won't see anything since there are no
alerts at this time, also the application is running only when there are
active alerts and then refuses inbound connections. But you can see for
example the packets below:

ATTHWS>APRS::NWS-ADVIS:201900z,WIND,GRC423{K0kAA
ATTHWS>APRS::NWS-ADVIS:211100z,WIND,GRC423{KASAA

> If you post a packet with 1 hour dead line and you need to post a special
> packet to cancel the fisrt one and then you can post a new one.
> This mecanisme appear like an update.

I could do that, but I was wondering if I could somehow avoid the extra
"cancel" packet.

> In my tests for France we think for a bad link RF. If you loose a packet
> because you receive them in RF you don't receive a fresh information.
> For that we take information from weather service when they update them,
> généraly 1 per hour. This info was send to time per hour with limited valid
> time.

Regards
Apostolos

> 73
> Arnaud
>

> 2012/6/20 Apostolos Kefalas <sv1ljj at raag.org>
>
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > the last few weeks i have an up and running weather alert server for
> > Greece.
> > My problem is when the Hellenic National Meteorological Service is
> > issuing an
> > update for an area the previous one is not replaced until its expiration.
> > Is
> > this normal?
> >
> > See also attached screenshot.
> >
> > 73 de SV1LJJ