[Xastir] Make output on xastir 2.0.1

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue May 15 23:24:38 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 08:33:03PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of

>> Oy.  No knowledge of Mint here.  Looking at the Linux Mint installation notes
>> on the Wiki shows no special hints about geotiff, so I can't guess.
>
> Linux Mint is pretty much Ubuntu - I think 12 is equivalent to Ubuntu
> 11.10, but I'm not 100% sure without looking it up.
>
> So, if you install the dependent packages detailed at the following link...
>
> http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_11.10,_11.04_or_10.10
>
> In theory it should work.  When using the geotiff package from the
> repository, make sure to run configure using the following syntax:
> configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff"
>
> Normally leaving out the CPPFLAGS part alone doesn't cause compile
> errors, however, so there is something else afoot. Hopefully it's just
> a missing dependency of some sort.

Update - I actually have a desktop that dual boots WinXP and Linux
Mint 12 (64 bit version).  The kids use it on Windows all the time,
and I don't get on it very often, so I almost forgot what flavor of
Linux was there.  There was a version of Xastir built from CVS in
December 2011 installed, so I did a CVS update and re-compiled with no
issues.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT