[Xastir] RAC Database

Jeff Brower jbrower at meteorchaser.net
Fri May 18 13:05:23 EDT 2012

Thank you for your input. Your explanation really clarifies this for me.  The record structure was helpful, I should have had a look in the source code.

On 2012-May-18, at 16:35 , Tom Russo wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 04:07:18PM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jbrower at meteorchaser.net> flavor, containing:
>>

> The club stuff isn't the problem, because Xastir is already expecting that
> data.  It looks like perhaps an extra license level field was added
> (Basic with Honors).

Yes, when I did the update on my KDE box it showed my call with 'Honours'. Checking my old RAC data on my iMac showed a properly formatted display and no mention of honours.

When I do a Search RAC database on the updated KDE I get:

RAC Database Lookup.
Jeffrey Louis  Brower
my street address
City, BC
Zip
Partial listing of my license grades... then bad code begins
'E'
'r'
newline
Begin partial address 3 lines) of unknown call
Followed by my weather station data.

> Simply changing the record to match today's AMACALL format might not be
> the best solution, because then it will break everyone who hasn't updated
> the directory in a while.  The ideal solution will be one that is both
> correct today *and* supports older format data, and that may very well not
> break with tomorrow's data format if they just add more data to the end.

Yes, my old data in the iMac is proof of that; it works as is. Good idea on covering the old and the new, as you suggested.

Thanks again,

Jeff VA7TZ