[Xastir] Compile error with current cvs

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:19:06 EDT 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012, Rick Green wrote:

> Finally,  I realized that I had five different source trees for xastir, and I
> was working in one of the older ones.  I blew away four of them, leaving only
> ~/src/xastir/src/, and updated and rebuilt in there, and all is well.  I now
> have xastir 2.0.1 with tiled OSM maps running.  It's much faster than the
> cloudmade maps I was using, however, when I zoom in, it fails to retrieve or
> display a tile or two, and I get grey patches with no map data... When I zoom
> out, that same area has map background.  I have map timeout set to 120
> seconds, so I don't think the server is timing out, and I can't tell if those
> tiles just don't exist at that resolution, or for some reason xastir is
> balking at displaying them.
>
> I'm using OSM_tiled_osmarender.geo, and my display is centered on 42/22N
> 83/48W, and at zoom 144 I see the whole map, but at zoom 72 I lose everything
> east of 83/45.614W.  Switching to tiled_mapnik, I get a grey square near the
> upper left of the display.  With tiled_cycle I get no map at all.

If most of the tiles are showing up, I'd suggest wiping out your local cache and trying again to see if it might be possible that Xastir cached some bad tiles during your experimentation.

Another thing to try if you're not getting tiles with some of the OSM options is to change zoom level to see if maybe they don't have tiles for some zooms.  I remember seeing that.

I stick to the tiled maps since that's a newer method in Xastir and works much better than the non-tiles OSM methods.  It's easier to get tiles and stitch them together than it is to do a long download of a large map that fits the entire screen.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer