[Xastir] Compile error with current cvs

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed May 16 16:17:29 EDT 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012, Tom Russo wrote:

>> Making all in rtree
>> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rtg/xastir/src/rtree'
>> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
>> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rtg/xastir/src/rtree'
>
> That's your problem.  Do a make clean in that directory, there's an old
> librtree.a in there for some reason, and it needs to be rebuilt.  I can only
> speculate on *why* this old library is "incompatible" at link stage, but I can
> say for certain that the only possible way to fix it would be to clean out that
> directory and rebuild.

   Thanks.  I did that, then hit a similar problem in another directory.  I
did a 'make clean' in the top-level directory, and that got a bit farther.

Finally,  I realized that I had five different source trees for xastir,
and I was working in one of the older ones.  I blew away four of them,
leaving only ~/src/xastir/src/, and updated and rebuilt in there, and all
is well.  I now have xastir 2.0.1 with tiled OSM maps running.  It's much
faster than the cloudmade maps I was using, however, when I zoom in, it
fails to retrieve or display a tile or two, and I get grey patches with no
map data... When I zoom out, that same area has map background.  I have
map timeout set to 120 seconds, so I don't think the server is timing out,
and I can't tell if those tiles just don't exist at that resolution, or
for some reason xastir is balking at displaying them.

I'm using OSM_tiled_osmarender.geo, and my display is centered on 42/22N
83/48W, and at zoom 144 I see the whole map, but at zoom 72 I lose
everything east of 83/45.614W.  Switching to tiled_mapnik, I get a grey
square near the upper left of the display.  With tiled_cycle I get no map
at all.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009