[Xastir] OSM shapefiles

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:37:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:52:58PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>> By chance has anyone created dbfawk files for the OSM shapefiles?  I'm
>> thinking probably not, but I thought I would ask anyway.
>
> Curt made a set for the Cloudmade shapefiles.  They're in the Xastir
> distribution as OSM_Cloudmade*.dbfawk in /usr/local/share/xastir/config.

Thanks - just tried a set of shapefiles from Cloudemade on a different
machine, and they work with no error messages.  Curt's dbfawk files
are there.  I'm fairly sure the reason it was squawking at me about
missing dbfawk files on the other machine was due to copying some
extra (unneeded) files into the maps area.  I knee-jerked to the
mailing list instead of just looking in the config directory :-)

Lee - K5DAT