[Xastir] Cloudmade maps

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat May 19 14:17:42 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Kurt Savegnago <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> For several years, I've used the 2006 TAMU maps with Xastir.
> I've downloaded the americas.osm.bz2.part.00 and part.01.
> Is there a direct howto link as to installing these into Xastir?

Those are XML maps - I don't believe Xastir supports that format.

On the same page where you downloaded the two files above, if you
select "Northern America", then "United States", and then the state of
your choice, the link at the bottom is to a shapefile package for the
applicable state.  Xastir does support those.

The only APRS client that I know of that supports the XML maps is the
new YAAC, "Yet Another APRS Client", which does run in Linux.  I do
like the Cloudmade XML maps somewhat better than the shapefiles, so it
would be nice if Xastir supported those.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT