[Xastir] Another question...

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:16:22 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Jacob Tennant <wf8s at comcast.net> wrote:
> Ok I got my USB to Serial adapter connected

what kind?  different drivers have different naming conventions for
the device special file.

> but not sure what to place in Xastir when I am configuring the serial port TNC as far as port name or number?

get a command prompt and do "ls /dev/cu.*" and see what turns up.  You
may want to do it once without the device plugged in and again after
you plug it up.

/dev/cu.xxxxx is preferable to /dev/tty.xxxxx

> I tried tty0, tty1, tty2 but nothing ever happened.

You need the full path to the device special file - e.g.
/dev/cu.usbserial-00000000 is my FTDI adapter.  Xastir doesn't add the
"/dev/" for you.

-Jason
kg4wsv