[Xastir] process problem

happyexi happyexi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 18:27:47 EST 2013

Hi I saw Davids post and  just felt the need to comment.
In the interest of shearing.
I can just for the fun of it confirmed your suspecting, the Cubiboard2 fly`s when using xastir. I loaded it up with internal jpg map files on the size of 1800x1840 pr titels, and around 3253 files in on dir. (around 1GB of images) it takes secunds to index the maps. And it load as quick as most desktop pc with the same maps (it files simulare to a amd64 clocked at 2600 and 2GB ram on the xastir aspect). This afcorse also have to do with the fact that all the software is on the internal memmory. (comes with 4GB internal for OS and programs) and when it comes to the RPI H264 remember that they downt run xwindows while streaming this, is mplayer under derminal condision using the hw. acc. I tryed on my first RPI, I managed to get "dcent" speed better then the defult by manual configure and compile software to run it, think i used mplayer... but the hw is wery slow compare to alternatives.

also for everyone reading this I will point out tha Beagelbon black witch I have not testet has a long supported hardware policy (10yrs) witch is god for developers, while Cubiboard changes on the fly.. (ex. Cubiboard3 is all ready out)

73 Happyexi