[Xastir] Suggestion

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:47:16 EST 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013, Chip G. wrote:

> I too am interested in helping. Unfortunately I'm starting from a lower level than most of your other choices. I would need someone who could answer things like where to start looking for certain parts so I don't have to try and read the entire code set. Kinda need a roadmap.

> If someone can send me a roadmap of the code files, what's where and how it's tied. Then I'll start looking to see if I can determine what to put where.

Difficult when there aren't enough programmer hours available right now to do much coding.  That's similar to many open-source projects.  Documentation and or walk-throughs are difficult to come by, or outdated.

Best I could suggest would be to start looking around.  That's how I got involved in other open-source projects in the past.  Learn by doing.  You'll learn it better that way anyway.

Come back here and ask specific questions, maybe one or two at a time per e-mail, as you come across things that don't make sense.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html