[Xastir] map failure

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jun 17 11:00:44 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 08:33:29AM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <reica at reicamann.net> flavor, containing:
> HI,
> I have Xastir running in Ubuntu 10.04 (compiled from source), complete
> with OSM_Cloudmade maps.
>
> I have just compiled Xastir in Ubuntu 12.04 and seem to be unable to get
> the maps loaded.
> Error (on teminal) is the following:
>
> ***** WARNING *****
> Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!
> Disabling use of the map cache.
>   Header file: Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April  9, 2010)
> Library file: Berkeley DB 5.1.25: (January 28, 2011)
> ***** WARNING *****
>
> Can anyone help?

You've got headers (-dev package) for Berkeley DB 4.8, but libraries
(regular non-dev package) for 5.1.

Recent versions of Xastir will compile fine with BDB 5.x, so you can remove
the -dev package for bdb 4.8 and replace it with the -dev package that
matches your library package, and reconfigure/recompile Xastir.  Should fix
the problem.

The wiki's instructions for building Xastir on Ubuntu specify installing
the 4.8 package, because when those instructions were written Xastir
could not run with BDB 5.x.  But that has changed and the instructions
haven't been updated yet.