[Xastir] OT: SAME to APRS gateway requirements?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Oct 17 10:54:09 EDT 2013

Were you aware that the NWS alerts are still being (or have been
restored to) firenet.us?  There is no need to have the same alerts being
injected by multiple clients/devices.

Although as an educational senior design project, it might be a good
learning experience.

Also, I wasn't aware that the full information was digitally encoded on
the weather radio frequencies?  I was under the (possibly mistaken)
impression that SAME only carried the activation regions, but didn't
carry all of the zone information that normally appears in the NWS APRS
packets.

PS.  http://www.aprs-is.net/WX/Default.aspx is a good place to start.