[Xastir] OT: SAME to APRS gateway requirements?

Apostolos Kefalas sv1ljj at raag.org
Thu Oct 17 13:56:19 EDT 2013

Hello folks,

we have set-up such a "possibility" in our local weather office. A small
RaspberryPI connected to a TM-D700 is getting the weather alerts for
Greece and injects them to aprs.fi.

But if it fails to connect to aprs.fi (emergency - internet fails), then
it sends them to TM-D700 and from there to the local digipeater and
across all country!!!

Also depending on the severity of the alert, except from the affected
regions numbers, a sort message/bulletin is sent!!!

Regards
Apostolos - SV1LJJ