[Xastir] Maps are downloading, but not displaying

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Oct 17 23:02:23 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:56:12PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <paulburton0 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>    OK, so I could have sworn that when I first downloaded xastir and was
>    getting ready to compile it, I made sure that GraphicsMagick was
>    installed. Apparently not, as ImageMagick has been used instead. When I
>    installed GM and used the --without-imagemagick configure option, just for
>    good measure, xastir finally found and used GM. Now OSM maps are
>    downloading *and* displaying quite nicely.

Hooray!

There was once a time we considered completely dropping support for ImageMagick
because its instability was simply too much to keep chasing, and to require
GraphicsMagick instead.  But apparently there were one or two systems for
which the ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick packages conflicted, you couldn't have
both, and folks needed some other package that required IM.  Sigh.

>    Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.  Glad it was that simple.