[Xastir] Maps

Michael Gregory michael.gregory at verizon.net
Mon Oct 21 19:45:34 EDT 2013

  I removed Xastir completely. Both by telling my package manager to removeit, and then by manually going to all of the directory locations ~/... and user share…. and manually deleting all of the files. I them re-installed it by having the package manager re-install.
I then went to the web and looked up every version of a .map file I could find, and installed them in the user/share/xaster/map directory.

 I havelots of vector line drawigs, but no raster maps.
They are sucky for quality, but at least they work. I have no Raster maps. I would love to get some and I have looked at some on line, but I am having troubole getting the descriptor files to go with them the ones with the upper left/north west and lower right/ south east longetude and lattitude data as well as the pixel count.

So for now It works but it sucks. I have not given up. eventually I will get it to work right in spite of the lack of support fom the community rather than because of it.

  Thanks for asking.

73
KB3IYQ

Michael Gregory