[Xastir] HOWTO

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Sep 28 20:37:17 EDT 2013

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 23:47:21 +0000
Chris N9JCA <n9jca at wowway.com> wrote:

> Not to offend anyone, but my suggestion
> is to ditch Ubuntu and use Debian "proper" Tom has the right idea
> too, as he stays with the LTD versions (this is the only good thing I
> have to say about Ubuntu)

Debian is constructed in a way which allows incremental upgrading, or
massive upgrading, but neither requires a reinstall.
Ubuntu is not constructed the same way, so the intention of their
developers is that you do a reinstall of Ubuntu when you wish to
upgrade. Of course, some can manipulate their installs and upgrade
Ubuntu, but it takes additional expertise.

Liz
Another Debian user
VK2XSE