[Xastir] HOWTO

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 19:14:21 EDT 2013

> On Sep 29, 2013, at 5:11 PM, Craig Anderson <acraiga at pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> And this is the best answer.  The churn and constant, almost gratuitous changes in Linux get old very quickly.  I used to think LInux was so much better than Windows, but now with all the upheaval in the releases it has lost it's advantage.  Linux has become a maintenance hog.  Why else would Google still be running it's entire server farm on Fedora 6!  Well, ... that, and it's entire operation runs in user-land.
>
> This is my plug for using FreeBSD.

Unfortunately few commercial apps are supported on FreeBSD, if that is a concern (and it is for me).

If you want Linux that's solid and stable, look at CentOS which is a recompiled redhat.  It is solid and supported for years. I haven't found anything that works on redhat that doesn't work on CentOS. When a vendor asks my platform sometimes I. Just tell 'me redhat since it saves confusion.

I now have Redhat licenses available to use, but CentOS is so solid I haven't bothered switching.

-j