[Xastir] Changes to CVS on Ubuntu

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 00:52:15 EDT 2014

Everyone,

I bring to your attention a delta that has caught my eye regarding the
CVS instructions as they pertain to Ubuntu.

Of particular note is the last line of the following quote. (Which I
have underlined and embolden.)

> Concurrent Versions System
>
> CVS is a version control system, which allows you to keep access
> to old versions  of files (usually source code), keep a log of
> who, when, and why changes occurred, etc., like RCS or SCCS.
> It handles multiple developers, multiple directories, triggers to
> enable/log/control various operations, and can work over a wide
> area network. The texinfo manual provides further information on
> more tasks that it can perform.
>
> There are some tasks that are not covered by CVS. They can be done in
> conjunction with CVS but will tend to require some script-writing and
> software other than CVS. These tasks are bug-tracking, build management
> (that is, make and make-like tools), and automated testing. However,
> CVS makes these tasks easier.
>
> This package contains a CVS binary which can act as both client and
> server, although there is no CVS dæmon; to access remote repositories,
> *_please use :extssh: not :pserver: any more._*

I have NOT changed the CVS Wiki yet as I do not know if this applies to
just Ubuntu or it applies to a flavors of *nix.

Would those that use other *nix's please investigate the CVS packages in
your *nix and reply back; Thank you.

As far as Ubuntu is concerned it works either way at this point in time
but that could change.

73
Dave
KB3EFS