[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 20:50:30 EST 2014

Ray and all,

Here is an update on my Raspberry Pi operation.  I have completed 26 days
of continuous   IGate operation using APRX with no issues.

Previously with the same hardware, OS, and ax25 networking configuration, I
would get 10-14 days of uptime with Dixprs before the entire OS would
freeze.  Next I tried Xastir, and after 19 days the ax25 interface stopped
functioning.

APRX is the smallest of all of the programs, so perhaps it just stresses
the Pi the least.  I have the version of the Pi with only 256MB of RAM.  I
took the easy path and installed the binary that John Gorkos provides - it
is version 2.08.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT

- sent from my mobile phone