[Xastir] Trouble installing Xastir in Wheezy on Beaglebone Black

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 25 17:31:25 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 02:24:03PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Jason Rausch wrote:
>
> > I tried to follow the directions on this page:
> >
> > http://xastir.org/index.php/Install_Guide
> >

> > I downloaded the most recent source tarball and I got as far as the "make" command, but I get the error "no targets specified or no makefile found"
>
> That's because you need to run "./configure" first.
>
> If you were installing from CVS sources, there are steps prior to that!  But you can probably start with "./configure" and then "make" since "configure" should have already been built for you and come inside the tarball.

And you *SHOULD* use CVS sources (which means you also have to follow
the CVS directions that include steps prior to running configure).  The
source tarball is about 2 years old, and is missing some recent bug fixes
and configuration updates.

Or be prepared to redo the build when Curt pushes out the next release tarball.
You'll not want to stick with 2.0.4 for long.