[Xastir] Trouble installing Xastir in Wheezy on Beaglebone Black

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:43:35 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Jason Rausch <jason at ke4nyv.com> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> As I stated in my first email, I already have the 7" LCD cape.  It works
> very well with the out-of-box BBB.  Just plug and play.
>
> Even though I have played around with Linux for years, I am still pretty
> useless at finding my way around it.  Are there any good guides for
> building from source?  I know I have done this before, but I can't remember
> how or where I found how.
>
> Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
> RPC Electronics, LLC
> www.rpc-electronics.com

​If the Debian Wheezy you are using has the same packages available as the
"Raspian" version for the Raspberry Pi (that I understand is based on
Wheezy), then the script available at the following link may work for you​.

http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/raspbian-xastir-cvsbuild.sh

No promises - no warranty, :-)   It has been tested successfully in
Raspian.  The script loads dependent packages, downloads Xastir from CVS,
compiles it, and installs it.

Assuming you are not running "Raspian", you will have to remove the
following lines from the script that are near the top:

if ! grep -q "raspbian" /etc/apt/sources.list; then
  echo "This script applies only to the Raspbian distribution"
  exit 1
fi

You will also need to make the script executable by issuing this command in
the terminal.
chmod +x raspbian-xastir-cvsbuild.sh

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT