[Xastir] Who's current on Garmin handheld GPS models?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:52:04 EDT 2015

FYI:  I ordered a Garmin GPSmap 64st and the detailed 1:24k topo maps
for WA/OR/CA/NV last night.  Oh yea, and the backpack tether thing to
go with it.  I need MT/WY/ID as well, and maybe HI, but no hurry on
those.

I have a SAR Mock Search -and- Wilderness Overnight Training coming up
right away.  All should arrive by then, so I'll get to play in the
woods right away with it!

Thanks for all the suggestions.  BTW:  This GPS is -not- for my APRS
use, strictly for SAR/hunting/hiking.  I have plenty of other GPS'es I
can use for APRS.  I'm still setting up the antennas on my Jeep so
it's not on APRS yet.  Soon though I hope.  Same for the bike.

Curt, WE7U