[Xastir] Xastir with Kantronics KAM not transmitting

Danny mynixmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:48:49 EDT 2015

Hi,

I disassembled all the cables and double-checked that all the cables are as they
should be.

Just a question on the transmit part: Below is an excerpt from the data
monitoring terminal. I noticed that the Converse character "K" is sent after the
"TX->" part. I assume it is only displayed like that and that the TNC is placed
in converse mode before the transmission (Sending "K" before the actual
transmission).

TX->ZS6XOX-10>APX204,WIDE2-1:=2612.15S/02815.28EyPHG8130Debian zs6xox at gmail.com 0739347438
TNC->MYCALL ZS6XOX-10
TNC->UNPROTO APX204 VIA WIDE2-1
TNC->K
TNC->=2612.15S/02815.28EyPHG8130Debian zs6xox at gmail.com 0739347438

> > The problem is that even though it shows the "TX->" part in the "Display Packet
> > Data" window, the red TX L.E.D does not light up ...

A little off-topic ... Xastir freezes when it tries to play the notification
sounds even though the sounds play perfectly via the command line ...

73's

Danny