[Xastir] direwolf won't receive packets

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Mon Jul 13 12:56:12 EDT 2015

Hello Skyler,

Direwolf can be somewhat sensitive to some USB sound devices. Just
because it uses a CM chip doesn't mean it will work.  Are you running
this on a Raspberry Pi behind a USB hub?  If so, try connecting the
sound device directly to the Rpi.

Beyond that, are you sure that Direwolf is getting the audio?

- Are you using Pulse vs. ALSA direct?
   - If pulse, have you routed the audio correctly via pavucontrol

- What is the output of Direwolf when running?
   - what about the levels being reported.  Are they tuned to be about a
level of "50"?
   - Are you getting all the audio samples as expected?

All of this is well documented in the Direwolf UserGuide.

--David
KI6ZHD