[Xastir] fonts

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 20:52:49 EDT 2015

> On Jun 6, 2015, at 7:19 PM, Jerry Wetherholt <mrfixit2003_975 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I do have xfontsel in the font menu but like I said in previous email highest it goes is 17 on size. I do not know how to get bigger fonts to appear in it.

Just key in the number and see what happens. I predict a larger font, but one that may look bad depending on a scale factor based on the number you enter (tweak the number until it looks good).

> I did see in past emails on Adobe

If you want you can simply copy and paste from the email into xastir's field.

> but I don't not show listing for Adobe in the menu.

You can do an exhaustive (exhausting?) listing of fonts by starting from scratch (every field in xfontsel is *). You generally start on the left and get more specific as you go to the right. Leaving some fields with attributes may cause no fonts to be shown - e.g.the way bold or italics is specified can be different between "foundries" (font makers), or the specific sizes available are different.

> Do I have to specify a path to look for them?

No,the purpose of xfontsel is to let you browse the fonts that are installed, afaik.

-j