[Xastir] Script to cache some maps

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 16 11:17:23 EST 2015

One comment here is that OSM map tiles can be downloaded in one form or another.I downloaded 11Gb of north american data osm.bz2 over a high speed link over the weekendin a few hours from Geofabrik.  If one doesn't wish to burden the tile servers howabout a way to deal with the bulk data that is available for use?It gives a decent mapset in YAAC and if they didn't want people to use it, theywouldn't make it available in such large chunks.
Now I understand, downloading in bulk from a dedicated server is different than usinga tile server but there must be a way around this so all stay happy.
It would be nice to have some means to have a reasonably current cacheable mapsetfor use on Xastir when an Internet connection can't be had.
Kurt KC9LDH      From: Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com>