[Xastir] Time to update the .bootstrap code....

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 29 18:40:17 EST 2015

I finally bit the bullet and updated my PI to Jessie and here's the first
thing that I noticed...

pi at raspberrypi ~/src/xastir $ ./bootstrap.sh
    7) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
    6) Running aclocal...
    5) Running autoheader...
    4) Running autoconf...
    3) Running automake...
src/shapelib/contrib/Makefile.am:19: warning: source file '../shpopen.c' is
in a subdirectory,
src/shapelib/contrib/Makefile.am:19: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the
'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding
output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.
However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same
subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout
your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
src/shapelib/contrib/Makefile.am:19: warning: source file '../shptree.c' is
in a subdirectory,
src/shapelib/contrib/Makefile.am:19: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
src/shapelib/contrib/Makefile.am:19: warning: source file '../dbfopen.c' is
in a subdirectory,
src/shapelib/contrib/Makefile.am:19: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
    2) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Found!
    1) Generating derived language files.....
Bootstrap complete.
pi at raspberrypi ~/src/xastir $

Adding this line near the top of configure.ac seems to fix it:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([subdir-objects])

I then had to do a 'rm missing' to clean up a problem message during
configure and rerun bootstrap and configure..

The configure line also needs to be changed in the Jessie HOWTO to:

./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff -I/usr/include/GraphicsMagick"

I then had to work my way through "could not find" errors in config.log and
finally got it all to configure with the options I wanted...